A ½ day program to introduce fundamental skills and concepts on how to navigate the transition from individual contributor to new manager.
- Identify and develop strategies for overcoming typical new manager “transition traps”
- Develop strategy for building partnerships outside of business unit
- Learn and practice 4-step process to give, receive and ask for feedback
- Understand the “Stages of Development” model and develop skills and behaviors needed to “work through others
Short briefings; small group and pair exercises; individual exercises; skill practice and feedback; peer feedback.
Those brand new to management or who have 1 year or less of managerial experience.
• Instructor led program
• Train the Trainer available
What participants are saying about
“New Manager Transitions”
“Though I know I still have a lot to learn about managing, this course helped me get a jump start on becoming a better supervisor. I came away with new skills and an awareness that I need to stop doing things myself and start getting others to do things.”
Anonymous Participant, Distributed EnergyBACK